Opportunities to Volunteer
Support Pathfinders, Nevada House of Prayer (NVHOP), Awaken, Life Changing Community Outreach and New LIfe Christian Center by lending a hand at special events or filling other volunteer needs that fit your schedule, skills, and abilities.
Compassion Community Clinic Provides free, faith-based dental care to underserved adults in Northern Nevada through Jesus Christ, the Great Healer. They are looking for volunteers. If you are interested in helping, please call Kathy Secrist at 775/358-8913, or email her at Info@NvCCclinic.org.
Dental Professionals–dentists, dental assistants, dental hygienists (asked to volunteer 4 or more times per year)–essential to our mission!
Clinic Administrator–the right hand gal to the Executive Director, 5-10 hrs/week, taking care of many details of the front office
Prayer Partners–greet & converse with patients in waiting room, introduce Gospel if possible–six-hour training given in listening and evangelism skills (asked to work 10 patient sessions per year) –foundational to our mission!
To see the full list please visit our website at www.nvccclinic.org.
Volunteers are needed for:
- Food Distribution (Monday through Friday morning or afternoons, Saturday mornings)
- Sort and package food, clean the facility (Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings)
- Drivers (to pick up food donations scheduled locally)
Help spread the word to those in need of food.
Hands of Hope offers a full variety of food (as donations supply), including fresh fruit and vegetables, breads, desserts, deli items (including cheese), canned and boxed goods, yogurt, milk juice, eggs, and meat.
Vouchers are available for you to purchase for $10 each and give to needy families. Each voucher is good for a full cart of food at the Hands of Hope Food Pantry.
- Food Truck Ministry – Our Food Trucks deliver fresh groceries, produce and free clothing to neighborhoods in Carson and Douglas counties each month.
- Food Pantry – Our onsite Food Pantry is open two days per week, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:30 to 4:30 pm.
- The Closet – The Dream Center distributes between 500 – 700 pieces of free clothing each month, so there are always donations to sort through and organize.
- Saturday Supper – For the past three years, Dream Center teams have been serving at local motels in Carson City. There are more than 15 motels in our city used as temporary and permanent housing by individuals and families in need. We deliver a home cooked meal, groceries, clothing and other essentials, serving over 200 each month. We spend time at the motels connecting and loving on people who are lonely or perhaps just one week’s rent from living on the streets.
Visit our website and sign up to serve here: www.nndreamcenter.org
Support Long-term Fundraisiong Efforts
Amazon Smiles Program